The recommendation to delay or close school is based on:
- the ability to operate school busses safely
- the ability of students and parents to drive safely
- the ability of students to walk safely
- the ability of employees to get to work on time and safely
- 2019-2020 District Inclement Weather Procedures
- Inclement Weather Procedures for SPED Transportation Services
School closure or delayed start decisions will typically be communicated to media outlets and posted on the District website, Facebook and Twitter by 5:30 a.m. and School Messenger text, email or phone (depending on selected preferences).
We encourage families to make transportation and attendance decisions for their child(ren) based on their own assessment of travel conditions at their location.
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening activities/events on closure days are cancelled.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- The following classes are cancelled:
- AM early intervention
- AM Preschool Classes
- AM Health Careers, Auto Program
- Terra Nova Program
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools.
- Bus services will not be provided to McKinney-Vento students living outside of the district.
When school is on time and buses are on snow routes
- All schools operate on regular daily schedules.
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools
- Terra Nova Program is cancelled all day.
- If the weather forecast calls for declining weather conditions throughout the day, the district will implement snow routes for PM dismissal.
When weather conditions necessitate an early closure of schools
- We encourage you to refer to the BSD website, School Messenger and local media for more detailed information.
All daytime and evening activities/events are cancelled. Revised 10/4/19
A decision to open school two hours late is made after analysis of weather conditions and forecasts within the Beaverton School District (BSD) boundaries. The District’s main objective is ensuring safety of all BSD students, parents, and employees.
If the Beaverton School District is opening school two hours late and/or buses are on Snow Routes, bus service will not be provided to the following programs:
- Arata Creek
- Beaverton Early Childhood Center (BECC), classes beginning prior to 11:00 am
- Any student with a modified schedule, classes beginning prior to 11:00 am
- All AM Pre-school classes
- Bonny Slope Elementary
- Burlingame Creek School
- Heron Creek
- McKinney-Vento students living outside BSD boundaries
- Nancy Ryles Elementary
- Oregon State School for the Deaf
- Parkrose Knott
- Parry Center at Edwards Elementary
- Portland Lifeworks
- Sato Elementary
If the Beaverton School District is opening school two hours late and/or buses are on Snow Routes, bus service will be provided to the following programs:
- All BSD in-district SPED programs other than those listed above
- Beaverton Early Childhood Center (BECC), classes beginning after 11:00 am
- Cascade Academy
- Columbia Academy
- Groner Elementary
- Head Start Programs
- Levi Anderson
- Lifeworks NW (Tigard)
- Pacific Academy